To provide sound financial and direction to Council, and providing corporate support services to Council’s operational departments in line with the Treasurer’s responsibilities as outlined by the Urban Council’s Act (29:15).
- Provide administration, financial and accounting support services.
ordinate preparation of budgets for the City, implementation and monitoring of Council budgets.
- Manage of statutory funds.
- Provide cost effective and efficient procurement strategies of goods and services.
- Prepare periodic management and financial statements timeously in line with statutory requirements and accounting standards.
- Craft and implement sound internal control systems